Sunday, August 31, 2008

Michael Jackson looking forward to do great things

Pop superstar Michael Jackson, who turned 50 on August 29, said he has no plans of retiring from the music scene and insisted he has "great things" planned ahead in his career. Jackson, who transformed the landscape of pop music since breaking out as a solo artist in 1971, also asked his fans not to plan for his departure, contactmusic.com reported. "I am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things. I think the best is yet to come in my true humble opinion,” said Jackson on the US news show Good Morning. He added, "I am expanding a lot of avenues. People see some of the things I do and say, 'Why don't you show this to the world? People don't know these things!' Well, maybe I will." Jackson also admits he still looks back fondly at his trailblazing career, counting "the recording of Thriller and the Off the Wall album" as his "happiest" times. "That meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world. You know, I enjoyed it very much," he said.

No comments: