Thursday, July 3, 2008

Boy George wants Winehouse to deal with problems in private

Troubled British singer Boy George wants that people close to Amy Winehouse should remove her from the spotlight and allow her to deal with problems in private. George is a former drug addict and claims he knows exactly what Winehouse is going through. He thinks what she needs most right now is the support of friends and some personal space. George revealed he is a huge fan of Winehouse. He said: "You can't stop someone taking drugs, I know that, but you can certainly stop them performing. Somebody needs to stop her going onstage. I've been in that place... I know exactly what it's like and I know how bad it is for her. I mean there's nothing of her... she's emaciated. It just breaks my heart to see it. Who is around to drag her off the stage?"Winehouse, who is suffering from emphysema, recently performed at Britain's Glastonbury music festival despite her illness.

No comments: