Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Voight Heartbroken by Son's Public Attack

Actor Jon Voight has publicly berated his son James Haven over "heartbreaking" comments he made about him in the upcoming November issue of Marie Claire magazine. Haven has blasted his father, claiming he put his late mother through years of mental anguish, in the publication. He tells the magazine, "I don't want to constantly berate my father... but he put my mom through years of mental abuse, and it made me care especially for abandoned women and children. "That's my religion--helping widows and orphans." Haven's sister, Angelina Jolie, has also attacked her father over the way he abandoned her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, leaving her to bring up two children alone. And Voight has had enough of his kids' attacks. He tells Life & Style magazine, "I find it very heartbreaking that my children want to paint a bad-guy portrait of me. I feel it comes from their inability to let go of years of programmed anger from their mother, who understandably felt quite hurt when we divorced. "In all truth, I tried to give him (Haven) and their mother continuous love and support and large sums of money. God knows, for years I've tried to mend this relationship."Perhaps the trauma of their mother's passing has made it worse. I continuously send them my heart and love and am always available to them for whatever they need from me."

No comments: