Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hanks happy with 'nice guy' tag

Two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks is happy with the "nice guy" tag because he is secure that he lives up to it. Contactmusic.com reports that he will be stuck with people's perception that he is a nice guy but he seems fine with it because he is as nice off screen as he is on. He said: "There's no doubt a degree of my image is going to follow me into every gig. Look, I am a nice guy. That's my image. I can't erase it from people's minds." He believes his nice guy image comes from his disciplined work ethic. "It comes from respecting people even when I don't like them. I don't give people less than my all and don't expect less of other people," he added. Hanks won two best actor Oscar awards back to back in 1993 and 1994 for Philadelphia and Forrest Gump.

No comments: