Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Janet Jackson refuses to be like Sade

Pop singer Janet Jackson and the record company Def Jam parted ways as she did not want to be the new Sade. According to contactmusic.com, Jackson broke all ties to the label. She says: "There were some people who didn't like the direction I took with this album (Discipline). They wanted me to sound more like Sade, but I'm not ready for that just yet. I love doing dance songs and I think my fans expect that of me."

She now wants to focus on her film career. Speaking to a magazine, Jackson said: "I have been getting more behind the scenes with film and television. I will probably continue to do music - and acting is still a strong passion of mine - but I really have been loving behind-the-scenes work: producing, directing and all the technical stuff."

No comments: