Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bruni sings to 'kind Nicolas' in the middle of the night

The president of France is sometimes woken up in the middle of the night by his pop singer wife with her songs - and he doesn’t mind. Nicolas Sarkozy’s wife Carla Bruni, a celebrated former model turned singer-songwriter, said the president is “very kind” about her music. "He’s involved with my music because I play it at home and I disturb him with it in the middle of the night," she told a popular British television music programme, "Later… with Jools Holland". "He doesn’t drive me mad… It's a very different world for him but he's very kind and listens to all my doubts," added Bruni, who appeared alongside rock acts Metallica and King of Leon. Bruni told the BBC programme presenter Jools Holland, a well-known British rock pianist, that politicians “need music” but that she kept her music life apart from her role as the French first lady. "I don't really mix them up. I sort of separate them. I play my music and then I go with my husband when he needs me." "They have a very tough job, and we have a very lovely job. Our job is not even like a job, it’s a pleasure - I can feel it tonight. I think they need music to relax, to feel good. Everyone needs music, even them.” "I have my husband's world," she said. "It's like I just try to be with him and be cool about it and not change everything I know and my way of living. "It's not so hard. It's just like playing in a film." Bruni, 40, sang Tu Es Ma Came, for the programme, translating it as: "You're my junk, you're my type, you're my cup of tea." It was about "being addicted to someone in a toxic way and in a lovely way", she said. The programme was shown live on September 16 but an extended version will be broadcast on Friday, September 19.

No comments: